Epson LQ-850 LQ850 Dot Matrix Printer P88MA ESC-P2, used, in working condition.
Where are the P-ROM and Character Generator ROM located on the main board of the LQ-850/950/1050?
The P-ROM is in location 9A. The Character Generator ROM is in location 6A.
What size buffer does the LQ-850/950/1050 have?
6K bytes or 0K bytes. This is selectable by dip switch 1-8.
What are the printing speeds?
The printing speeds are:
Pitch Quality Characters/Second
10 Draft 220
10 LQ 73
12 Draft 264
12 LQ 88
What ribbons does the LQ-850/950/1050 take?
LQ-850 - Standard (#7753), Film (#7768)
LQ-950 - Standard (#7767), Film (#7769)
LQ-1050 - Standard (#7754), Film (#7770)
Does the LQ-850/950/1050 support color?
What fonts are built into the LQ-850/950/1050?
* Roman(10cpi, 12cpi, 15cpi)
* Roman Proportional
* Sans Serif(10cpi, 12cpi, 15cpi)
* Sans Serif Proportional
Are there any optional fonts available?
* Courier(10cpi, 12cpi, 15cpi) - Font Module #7400A
* Prestige(10cpi, 12cpi, 15cpi) - Font Module #7401A
* Script(10cpi, 12cpi, 15cpi) - Font Module #7402A
* OCRB(10cpi) - Font Module #7403A
* Orator(10cpi) - Only Available with #7407
* Orator-S(10cpi) - Only Available with #7407
* Multi-Font Module* - Font Module #7407
* Multi-Font Module contains all the above listed fonts. It is available for the LQ-950 and LQ-850/1050 with the upgrade (LQ850/1050U).
What type of paper feeds do they support?
* Built-in push feed tractor with paper tension unit
* Single bin or dual bin Cut Sheet Feeder (optional)
* Pull Tractor (optional)
What size envelopes can they print on?
Number 6 and number 10 envelopes.
What are the paper thickness specifications for multi-part forms?
It will print on continuous multi-part carbonless forms, with one original and up to 3 copies. The maximum paper thickness should not exceed 0.0126 inches.
If it comes with the built-in push feed tractor unit, why does it need an optional pull tractor?
When printing on multi-part forms, the optional pull tractor keeps the forms taut for more consistant paper feeding.
How do I switch from parallel to serial in the printers?
The dip switches on the back of the printer determine which interface is being used.